Pages

Friday, March 25, 2011

A Good Pirate Knows to Find a Good Parrot: Aotona

After a night of flying a friend around Outlands getting free exploration experience and his first Medium Rare achievement (on a level 29), and running some old world dungeons, I set my Wormhole to direct me to Sholazar Basin. Aotona was the last rare tameable beast that I had on my radar. He goes very well with my now almost permanent pirate costume when I would "role play" an obnoxious gnome hunter pirate. I'm not really sure what a gnome hunter pirate does amongst landlubbers, with a very deadly parrot but I'll figure it out as I go along. I circled Aotona's several spawn points in central Sholazar not expecting him to show up. As I entered the range of the north-western point my scanner picks up the bird and I immediately land, with a pet in tow! Luckily I had an "abandonable" pet on me, my poor Firefly Benny. I will have to retame Benny as I do like the Firefly models. I hope Benny finds his way back to Zangarmarsh somehow, I drew him a map, told him to fly to the Zeppelin and take the Outlands portal when he was back in Orgrimmar.

As I am dismissing my current pet to summon my Firefly to release, Aotona flies out of range and I start to panic. "Oh no, that warrior that only exists in my mind is going to come down and murder Aotona!" Luckily I am just crazy and the tame went off just fine. Though it is sad for now I have no more reason to fly into Sholazar, which I could say is for the better. I have circled this zone so many times, and have become so familiar with the terrain and the landscape while hunting for Loque'nahak and King Krush.

"....awkward."

Turby the Pirate

No comments:

Post a Comment