Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Sambas: How Frumpy of You to Join Us!

Many moons ago... when I was still learning the tricks of my trade, partying it up in the Barrens, I remember asking myself a question: "For if thine Barrens of ye World, Oh great land of Azeroth hath fine lion-esque creatures, why the hell don't we have full-maned lions?"

I didn't dwell too long upon that simple question, for through the Beast Masters of lore and having heard many a muted whispers amongst the dry plains near the Crossroads (aka Google), I learned of a rare creature known as Echeyakee. This white lion was renowned and was a signature companion for all worthy hunters. After a very daunting 20 seconds of trying to form a primal bond with this cat, he ultimately became my hunting partner, swearing that he would help me reach level 60 and help to sniff out a Devilsaur.

So now we come upon the most recent moon (if that even makes sense), and as I was switching out the various pets into my active companion bar (there's no point taming them and not even calling them to your aid right?) I realized that I had claimed most of the "unique" skins except for Sambas. Sambas the Frumpy Lion.

Now I say Frumpy because at that point in time I only had one image of Sambas in my head, and that is of a small blurry screenshot of its side. I remember seeing a big lion comprised of 80% giant mane and I thought "eww". I did a bit more research (aka look at more than just a thumbnail) and realized that this lion is very nicely modelled and has blue eyes to boot. So I setup my trusty hunting macro (/tar Sambas, its really high tech) and set out for Twilight Highlands ...again!


He didn't seem very happy with my Flurry of Hearts
 For several days, his various spawn points remained empty and I then proclaimed that "he doesn't exist!". Until one lazy afternoon, Sambas had magically spawned in a location that I had just flown over several minute ago. A friend was saying how he found a rare so I had tabbed out to google what the heck it was. When I came back in I saw a red dot on my mini-map (I had always thought Sambas would be Neutral) and mousing over it was "Sambas". I chose to release my unnamed, unlevelled Deathmaw in favor of this full-maned Lion.

He's ready for some serious business raiding!

Actually, several hours later he did join us in the murdering of Magmaw!

Turby the Frumpy

No comments:

Post a Comment