Pages

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Birth of Turby

Hello, my name is Turby of Turalyon. I am a troll hunter and ...this is getting really awkward and weird. Anyways, for those of you who are not familiar with Turby the Hunter, I made some appearances over at Kluptomentum but became over-Shadowed and forced into a corner by Truny's Warlocky Deeds.

Allow me to bring you back in time, to the Birth of Turby back in Q4 (December) of 2007. I shall retell this story in detail here:

A long long time ago and once upon this long long time ago a friend in real life asked me:

"Hey the new expansion for WOW came out you should check out the game!"

"Oh yeah, I saw that on the news didn't people get all crazy lineuppy, jeez! What is this game kinda like Warcraft 3?", I asked.

"Well yeah, but it's like an RPG and you can make your own character and stuff and kill things, its like adventuring IN THE MAPS that you played on in Warcraft! And with this expansion they are adding a new class called Death Knight I want to check it out so bad!"

"Ooh Death Knight, that sounds cool what do they do? (I had no idea what classes there were at this point)"

"Oh they use like blood and ice and diseases apparently, kinda like a Dragon Knight in Maplestory"

"Whoa that sounds crazy! How do I make one?"

"Apparently its lame you have to have a character at level 55 already to make one!"

"Oh what?! So if I start now what should I start with?"

"Hmm I don't know, you could make a Warlock our group needs one.. or a hunter, but I think we have one already"

"A what? CAN I HAVE A DOG?"

"LOL a dog? Well hunters can tame wolves, those are like dogs right?"

"OMG OK I'M MAKING A HUNTER!"

And so I created my very first hunter Turby with amorous prospects of one day "having a dog" and the allure of this so called "Death Knight" class. I started out Raptor Striking and Autoshooting. Petless. The game was quick to pick-up and my nooby beginnings in the Valley of Trials was so epic, the game became even ..epiccer as I learned how to right click my MAP to reveal the ENTIRETY of Azeroth. "WHOA how big can this place get?"

So why start a hunter blog NOW? Three years later? Uhh ..well, so like Blizzard totally gave us like TWENTY FIVE PET SLOTS hence each of my companions have many many wild and vivid stories to tell!

Why Beast Master?

Why NOT? Well, when I first learned about these so called Talent Trees at level 10 I asked my friend "what are these so called Exotic Pets?" are they like totally chill and lay on the beach in exotic locations all day and have exotic accents? I was then informed of a ferocious type of dinosaur called Devilsaurs that resided in a far far away place known as Un'goro Crater. I saw a picture of them and insantly I thought "MUST HAVE!" Level 60 was the new goal. Scrap the Death Knight idea!

Looking back at this story, the one thing I find interesting is that in my decision to choose my "spec" I didn't ask "which spec will produce the most DPS while fighting Nefarion?", but rather "which spec is coolest and most fun?". Heck, the concept of dungeons, raiding, stats, and gear weren't even on my mind at the very least until level 70. Ironically at that time Beast Master was one of the strongest specs, pve and pvp I believe. Anyone still remember the godliness that Bestial Wrath brought along with nimble fingers? You were immune to everything but damage! I learned to be aware and nimble all through PVP'ing on Turby the Hunter. I had a blast though and that's what really counts. My first Dungeon Proper was initiated from a random whisper asking if I wanted to do "Sunken Temple". I agreed and it was epic! At this time I still thought that you had to do all the Vanilla dungeons to obtain the "Jenkins" title. Yeah, nooby dooby right?

Turby is also my very single toon that embraced the quests in Outlands, actually reading the text and..well...DOING Outlands until level 68.

Ok now even I'm getting bored now....soo.....WELCOME!!

Turby the Hunter

No comments:

Post a Comment