Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Build a Daily: Solo Slabhide


Torby goes toe-to-toe with Slabhide!
 What better way to get your grubby hands on the Vitreous Stone Drake than to just waltz into Stonecore and pick it up for yourself? There are tons of videos and useful guides on how to solo your way (as a hunter) up to Slabhide by bypassing Corborus (poor neglected stack of tires), but since I'm talking about it I might as well provide some information in my usual non-comprehensive fashion!

The Map

"ohai gusy i'm Stonecore LOL"
 Provided above is the region of interest within Stonecore. You will see the entrance depicted as the beautiful little swirl on the southern end of the map. This is essentially the "difficult" part of the solo adventure. See the three pristinely colored boxes on the map? Those are the bad bad enemies we all love to hate. At the red box you will see Millhouse Manastorm standing with some scary looking mobs. They hates you! The ultimate goal is to push Millhouse back, way back all the way to where the Skull is, or where Corborus shows up. Why? Because the path to Slabhide is blocked, and only Corborus can smash down the wall blocking the way!

What I did was Camouflage past the Red and Green groups, and went directly to murder the Yellow group. I like to save the Red for last. I was in Survivaul mode due to the extra CC brought upon by Wyvern Sting. I prefer to Ice Trap the Berserkers because they get all up in my melee range and that makes me really uncomfortable as a hunter and it brings back a lot of PVP nightmares. I would then Wyvern Sting either the other Berserker or Warbringer and proceed to burst down the Earth Shaper because of its annoying Dust Storm attack. Use a scatter shot to interrupt the Earth Shaper's transformation. Another note of "CC" is that when the Warbringers enrage, you can Tranquilizing Shot them, a shot I found to have a lot more uses than back in Wrath. The Yellow group is pretty simple to take out.

Now as of patch 4.0.6 I've noticed a slight change in the behaviour of the mobs. As I engaged the Green group, in the far distance I saw Millhouse Manastorm and every single mob between the Red and Green groups aggroing towards me! I'm not sure if this is a bug or a new "mechanic" to prevent people from solo'ing but psh unless they nerf Feign Death everything is possible with time! I burst down the Earthshaper, sacrified my pet and feigned and slowly picked off the remaining enemies of the Green group, with Millhouse training mobs with him every single time.

The Red Group will cause some "issues" at first but is completely doable with a calm mind. CC the Berserker and a Warbringer and BURST THE HELL out of the Earth Shaper (if there is one, I forget). If there isn't one, BURST THE HELL out of  Millhouse until he's at 50% health. When he runs away, gauge if the mobs are all up in your face or re-cc'able and kill them off out of spite.

After these pulls, I camouflaged my way up to Slabhide and switched back to my Beast Mastery mode. I've never tried using a non-tank pet to fight Slabhide but I'm pretty sure it's doable. But then again with 25 pet slots at our disposal why WOULDN'T you have a tanking pet on you somewhere right? I engage per normal and just keep Mend Pet up on my Torby. As for myself, all I have to do is dodge fire and falling rocks and end up taking 0 damage for this fight anyways. Sometimes the pillars would LOS my pet (usually the time he takes the most damage) and I found that running INTO Slabhide, like the area right UP his ass gives me a good location to cast Mend Pet successfully. Two million hit points and running around like a crazy person later, Slabhide is dead and its up to the RNG gods to write the rest of the story.

Turby the Hunter

No comments:

Post a Comment