Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Terrorpene

'Raawr!"
TERRORPENE

This is one beautiful turtle! Its onyx carapace simmers and seethes as if it were infused by the fires of Ragnaros himself, and its horn constantly bellows with a toxic smoke.

This was actually the very first rare pet that I tamed so he shall also be my very first entry!

LOCATION

Terrorpene resides in the lava pools just outside the Throne of Flame or Sulfuron Spire in the new Cataclysm region Mt. Hyjal. He tends to spawn in the eastern pools, right in the lava. If you are trying to tame him, don't get over excited and jump into the fire while trying to catch this beauty.

TAMING TIPS

Terrorpene is level 81 and I believe is the lowest level Cataclysm Region pet. However, don't underestimate Terrorpene's level this pet is actually one of the hardest hitting rare spawns out there. When you manage to find Terrorpene and start taming it, it will channel a flame-beam onto you that ticks for 10,000 damage a second! I highly recommend you using a Prismatic Elixir to raise your magical resistances by 90. The trick is, Terrorpene's flaming-beam is four-times weak to resistance mechanics so this elixir will essentially give you 360 resist against his attack, or halving his attack. When I tamed him at level 82 I only had 44,000 HP and had about 8,000 after the ordeal. The great thing about Terrorpene is that this flaming turtle is well, a turtle and hence is not an exotic pet and can be used in Marksmanship and Survival specs. Though from personal experience I only use him for his aesthetic appeal in Survival, and I use him to tank as a Beast Master as that is the spec that maximizes the potential of our pets.

"I can haz Anger!"

Turby the Hunter

No comments:

Post a Comment